The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

>Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map

3 posters

Go down

>Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map Empty >Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map

Post by GhostlySoldierFag III Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:01 pm

"PARKOUR, PARKOUR, SHIT, PARKOUR, MOD YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE INSTALLED IS REQUIRED, PARKOUR, HEY PARKOUR, AM I COOL YET GUYS?"
I'm seeing less originality on one page with 25 results than on the ROBLOX front page [which has 12].
How is that even possible?!

Don't get me wrong, most of the adventure maps are well built.
However, parkour is not needed. It's annoying, stressful, and time consuming.
When I play an adventure map, I want to explore and solve puzzles.
Not try and be the motherfucking Scout.

Little personal rant, but the point still stands. Parkour isn't cool anymore. It's stupid and it needs to stop.
GhostlySoldierFag III
GhostlySoldierFag III
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrayzMario64?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

>Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map Empty Re: >Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map

Post by enginineerer Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 pm

You know, since Minecraft is easiest played from a first person perspective, why are there even parkour maps?

I mean, parkour would rely heavily on precision platforming, which is a thing that really doesn't work well with first person games. You can't even see your own FEET from a FP perspective.

It's not like you can jump really high in Minecraft, either.

enginineerer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

>Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map Empty Re: >Browsing Minecraft Forums in hopes of finding a decent adventure map

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Parkour is one of the most challenging things to do in minecraft, just so my friends don't keep asking for a parkour map on our server, I always build a little parkour arena for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostlySoldierFag III Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Dead wrote:Parkour is one of the most challenging things to do in minecraft
Please tell me you're joking.

[JUMP]
PAUSE
GET GOOD ANGLE
REPEAT
GhostlySoldierFag III
GhostlySoldierFag III
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrayzMario64?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Ghost X wrote:
Dead wrote:Parkour is one of the most challenging things to do in minecraft
Please tell me you're joking.

[JUMP]
PAUSE
GET GOOD ANGLE
REPEAT
No, because everything else is easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 am

Ghost X wrote:"PARKOUR, PARKOUR, SHIT, PARKOUR, MOD YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE INSTALLED IS REQUIRED, PARKOUR, HEY PARKOUR, AM I COOL YET GUYS?"
I'm seeing less originality on one page with 25 results than on the ROBLOX front page [which has 12].
How is that even possible?!

Don't get me wrong, most of the adventure maps are well built.
However, parkour is not needed. It's annoying, stressful, and time consuming.
When I play an adventure map, I want to explore and solve puzzles.
Not try and be the motherfucking Scout.

Little personal rant, but the point still stands. Parkour isn't cool anymore. It's stupid and it needs to stop.

wp wrote:You know, since Minecraft is easiest played from a first person perspective, why are there even parkour maps?

I mean, parkour would rely heavily on precision platforming, which is a thing that really doesn't work well with first person games. You can't even see your own FEET from a FP perspective.

It's not like you can jump really high in Minecraft, either.
you know what's funny
in gmod beta the most popular map is a parkour map
its always the most popular server
and it FUCKING SUCKS, terrible map
i just don't get it
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down