The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so im reading through the comments of the wikia layout update blog post when

Go down

so im reading through the comments of the wikia layout update blog post when Empty so im reading through the comments of the wikia layout update blog post when

Post by Queen Kghyilda Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 pm

guy wrote:I have never liked Wikia, and this change makes me hate them even more.

30px wider? Tht means the page will now be bigger than my 1024x768 screen, ad it will most likely look stupid.

Also, article space is TINY, and now Wikia are claiming even more for their (stupid) ads. They add 30px, yet only 10 of that goes in the article space.

Wikia doesn't care about us. All it wants is it's money, and we help them by making our sites. Wikia keep on adding stupid features, an if it's possible, CSS code can fix this stuff out on my wiki!

some wikia staff fag wrote:[blank],

While I recognize your criticism and do understand your frustration, I need to address your comment that Wikia doesn't care about its community members and the assertion that pay or reward is required.

First, Wikia provides an incredible service for people to learn, connect and share their passions - we do this all without charging any subscription fees, we contribute to the larger Wikimedia Foundation code base (bug fixing, feature development and more) and we provide an extensive support staff to help our community members become community leaders, experienced coders, and passionate contributors.

Yes, our business is supported by showing ads on the pages we serve - that's required in order to provide you and all our visitors and contributors a place to connect and share. As you are likely aware, by logging in to your account on Wikia you only see ads on a couple select pages - this is one of the benefits of creating an account here.

I hope this doesn't come off in an offensive way, but it's important for us to communicate some of the realities behind running one of the largest networks of communties in the world and having a revenue stream in the form of on site advertising is how we're able to continue to support and grow Wikia.
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

so im reading through the comments of the wikia layout update blog post when Empty Re: so im reading through the comments of the wikia layout update blog post when

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

gonna need the told status

Back to top Go down