The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

so i found out that my local computer store is hiring

2 posters

Go down

so i found out that my local computer store is hiring Empty so i found out that my local computer store is hiring

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

so i found out that my local computer store is hiring Its-time-poster

Back to top Go down

so i found out that my local computer store is hiring Empty Re: so i found out that my local computer store is hiring

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 pm

you're going to try and get them to start carrying commodores preloaded with linux aren't you
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

so i found out that my local computer store is hiring Empty Re: so i found out that my local computer store is hiring

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:13 pm

spinnythings wrote:you're going to try and get them to start carrying commodores preloaded with linux aren't you
i hope i can work the customer support line

>hallo what can i do for you today
>oh yeah internet splorer isn't opening
>you'll need to get GNU/Linux if you want to fix that ma'am

i'm going to convert my entire town into stallman drones

but oh fuck commodore USA is offering something to get businesses to carry their shit so it's possible that i could actually get them to become CUSA merchants

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 pm

HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:you're going to try and get them to start carrying commodores preloaded with linux aren't you

but oh fuck commodore USA is offering something to get businesses to carry their shit so it's possible that i could actually get them to become CUSA merchants
you do realize that 98% of the population does not know much of anything about computers so installing linux will just make them frustrated and angry and cause the place you work for to lose business and get you fired
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Kghyilda Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:22 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:

you do realize that 98% of the population does not know much of anything about computers so installing linux will just make them frustrated and angry and cause the place you work for to lose business and get you fired
whoop.
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:37 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:

i would be satisfied with that granted that i get one person to follow the name of st ignucius sama

also installing easymodo distros (ubuntu mint crunchbang opensuse) is incredibly easy

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 pm

HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:

i would be satisfied with that granted that i get one person to follow the name of st ignucius sama

also installing easymodo distros (ubuntu mint crunchbang opensuse) is incredibly easy
but a lot of linux involves understanding concepts i don't even get
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:42 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:i hope i can work the customer support line

not really with ubuntu all you need to know is how to get to your home folder and how to use apt-get

now in the case that you go full retard and start off with debian/gentoo/zenwalk/any FSF approved distro then that's a whole different story

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm

HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:you do realize that 98% of the population does not know much of anything about computers so installing linux will just make them frustrated and angry and cause the place you work for to lose business and get you fired

not really with ubuntu all you need to know is how to get to your home folder and how to use apt-get

now in the case that you go full retard and start off with debian/gentoo/zenwalk/any FSF approved distro then that's a whole different story
but like no software works with any of those op systems
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:53 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:i would be satisfied with that granted that i get one person to follow the name of st ignucius sama

u wot m8

gnu/linux has absolutely fucking massive software repositories spread out all across the web. basically it goes like this:

-windows: freedom to make software, there aren't any 'official' repositories of said software though so you need to google it and hope the place you're dling from is safe
-GNU/Linux: big libraries of software available at sources, goes like this: add a site to your software sources, find the name of the program you want, install it with apt-get/aptitude, done. freedom to make absolutely everything you want and everything is --free-- and has opened sources so you can modify programs to your liking without restriction
-Mac OS X: has one software repository that is guarded more strictly than fort knox, everything released has to have a certain policy, open source and software in general is near nonexistent

also mandatory >WINE which lets you 'emulate' windows software on gnu

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:30 pm

HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:but a lot of linux involves understanding concepts i don't even get

u wot m8

gnu/linux has absolutely fucking massive software repositories spread out all across the web. basically it goes like this:

-windows: freedom to make software, there aren't any 'official' repositories of said software though so you need to google it and hope the place you're dling from is safe
-GNU/Linux: big libraries of software available at sources, goes like this: add a site to your software sources, find the name of the program you want, install it with apt-get/aptitude, done. freedom to make absolutely everything you want and everything is --free-- and has opened sources so you can modify programs to your liking without restriction
-Mac OS X: has one software repository that is guarded more strictly than fort knox, everything released has to have a certain policy, open source and software in general is near nonexistent

how much are you willing to bet that somebody like your mom would understand >WINE
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:not really with ubuntu all you need to know is how to get to your home folder and how to use apt-get

u wot m8

how much are you willing to bet that somebody like your mom would understand >WINE
it is literally just install the software and now you can open EXEs and shit

it's not hard to use in any way

Back to top Go down

Post by spinnythings Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm

HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:but like no software works with any of those op systems
u wot m8

you would not believe how stupid some people are
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings
spinnythings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:31 pm

spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:
spinnythings wrote:
HYPER ASPERGERS wrote:u wot m8

you would not believe how stupid some people are
then they dont deserve to use gnu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down