The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rtcity makes a massive rambling post

5 posters

Go down

rtcity makes a massive rambling post Empty rtcity makes a massive rambling post

Post by Queen Kghyilda Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 am

""The Unillogical Staff is terrible and useless"

(Ridiculously long post ahoy, because it takes a lot to explain the circumstances of why OTB's staff was terrible.)

Perhaps, but at least they're not the staff of the late Off Topic Bunker.

Basically, the staff of OTB was about fifteen strong, and the forum lasted for about seven months. During these seven months, everything about it's management was so horrendous it had to be seen to be believed, and most of what I'm about to write up is probably damn near unbelievable just because of how utterly ridiculous it is.

Let's start with the basics of the forum, the head administrator. The head admin of OTB was a guy by the name of RainbowDash101. As his name would imply, he was a twelve-year-old Pinkiephile. He decided to start his own terrible Roblox Off Topic spinoff, which as I mentioned earlier was named Off Topic Bunker. This was something he'd basically regret about seven months down the line.

Anyways, he makes his forum. The forum is a crummy little forumotion forum that he doesn't even know how to use, and so he gets a few people by the names of Blitz967 and Jayfeather19 from an older forum called the Off Topic Freedom Forum. The two had been staff there, and I'm pretty sure that's why he chose them. Although, what he probably didn't realize when he chose them was that on that forum they'd been incredibly inefficient, with Blitz being too nice and never punishing anybody and Jay just not being active at all. But, he chose them, and he also another guy by the name of Antneecb, who is probably the only person on the entire staff who wasn't horrible. (I think he chose a few other people, but since the forum is gone now, and the wiki which documented OTB is also gone, I don't know.)

With this done and ready, OTB started up. It got a pretty sizable amount of posts and users, and for the most part killed my forum, which was the successor forum to OTFF. I ended up going there once while my forum was dying and trying to give him advice, as did one of my moderators, Nikinor, but both of us were deleted by him almost immediately and we called it a lost cause from the very beginning.

After that point, I gave up on ROT spinoffs for a month or two, and as a result I do not know what happened besides a few other guys showing up (the most notable ones being Viral, Doctoricepopcat, MegaRBLX and Dead). These people were from another spinoff, but not a Roblox Off Topic one. It was a spinoff made for Roblox bronies called Robloxpony, and it only existed because of one rule being passed on the Roblox forums which outlawed MLP discussion outside of one specific forum, which was spammed en masse by bronies as a result.

Anyways, those people from RP4 [the 4 coming from their host, 4rumer] ended up settling at OTB. This was about where the trouble began.
I showed up shortly after they did, as did the owner of OTFF, a guy by the name of Dogman328, and from what I remember nothing bad resulted. Then amsk8r [the guy on here named GNU DEFENSE FORCE] showed up. Amsk8r was a guy from Roblox Off Topic who was very notorious for basically turning the place into the immature, meme spouting, complete and utter garbage forum it is now. Wherever he went, destruction followed shortly after. And this is where the moderation started going downhill.

At some point, I believe shortly after amsk8r showed up, an administrator by the name of Seriousness decided to delete several pages of threads, and after some complaints from me he was demoted, then deleted, and finally IP banned. This was just the first of many incidents to come.

Then came something. I have no idea what, but something happened. I ended up getting banned again. This time not a deletion, but it was a perma ban. The ban note simply read "Come back when your ego isn't the size of Soviet Russia."

I ended up coming back, and nothing happened to me.

The next incident after that was easily the most infamous and the single worst. Amsk8r had stated when he joined that he would destroy OTB. He quickly retracted this statement, saying he'd taken a liking to this place. Unbeknownst to us though, he in secret still had every intention of annihilating the place, and one day an opportunity to do this came along.

Following some drama surrounding me, amsk8r requested he recieve administrative powers so he could "Manage all the faggotry". RD101 and Blitz being the tools they were at the time followed through with this request, and so amsk8r got his admin powers. Several users were skeptical that he would actually do good, and Antneecb at one point attempted to demote him. His demotion attempt apparently failed and amsk8r kept his administrative powers. And this is when PURge begins.

Late one night, April 7th, specifically, amsk8r decided that it was time to destroy OTB. To start out, he filtered everything to such things as ""KING KONG KING KONG" and "SWAGGGGGGGGG." Dogman, who had been skeptical of him as well, lept to take screenshots. This prompted amsk8r to go out in a blaze of glory. He banned everybody from the site, then deleted them, deleted every forum and post, assaulted the sites theme and changed everything to this, and changed all the user titles, titles, and banners to 'SWAGGGGGGGGGGG' before going to bed.

The aftermath was immense, and despite the only surviving images of PURge being unavailable as of right now, OTB almost died right there. The only reason it survived was because of RD's tenacity. Amsk8r was immediately deleted, and apparently RD101 threatened to kill him over PURge. The layout of the forum was permanently changed, and until the forum could be rebuilt - something which took several hours - there was a temporary forum created by one of its users which mimicked the old layout of the site. Everything changed. OTB post-PURge became known as Off Topic Bunker: Reborn, after the logo was changed to reflect the remade forum. The kicker of all this was, RD101 could have simply loaded a backup, had he not disabled his backup. This would come back haunt him again later on.

After PURge, everything about the forum took a nosedive. Controversy erupted over who was to blame for the forum's near destruction. Blitz took a lot of the blame, him being the guy who promoted amsk8r. Despite it being pretty clear he was basically to blame for everything, Viral and the RP4 crew disagreed. This led to a sizable number of flamewars in the next few days none of which were dealt with - by any the four or five admins and six mods we had at the time - until long after they ended. Also, amsk8r showed up a day after PURge. He wasn't banned by RD, or any of the staff for that matter, and neither were any of the people involved in the flamewars.

It only got worse from there. On April 12th, administrator Blitz broke one of the rules of the forum in one of his posts, rule 4, which was basically "don't swear a bunch or we'll ban you for X amount of time". Amusingly, his post was in response to how useless the staff were when it came to flamewars. This was immediately pointed out by many of the regulars of OTB. He tried to edit the swears out of his post but I had screencapped the original before he could. The resulting flamewar almost got him demoted. Almost. RD101 as usual did absolutely nothing to help the situation, and Blitz somehow kept his powers.

Then on April 23rd, two things happened, the ill fated OTB Wikia was created in response to the late OTSW, and the debacle that was making Mckailey an administrator. Mckailey is average 14 year old girl, by the way. She also looks like Boxxy, coincidentially. Anyways, Mckailey got made an admin. Supposedly, because she was a good member. More likely, it was because she was one of exactly two girls on the forum, the only other being Jay.

Unsurprisingly, following this, a massive flamewar ensued over how Mckailey shouldn't have been promoted. She was demoted at least once in the middle of the flamewar, but came out with administration powers anyways. She didn't really do anything special with them in the end, making her promotion by and large pointless. Also, Blitz apparently thought that because she was a good member, it made her a good admin."
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

rtcity makes a massive rambling post Empty Re: rtcity makes a massive rambling post

Post by ACE MCWICKED Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 am

how many tl;dr replies did you get
ACE MCWICKED
ACE MCWICKED
reliable tech support
reliable tech support

Back to top Go down

rtcity makes a massive rambling post Empty Re: rtcity makes a massive rambling post

Post by L_Clan Ruso Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 am

coffee wrote:how many tl;dr replies did you get
L_Clan Ruso
L_Clan Ruso
Red Epoch
Red Epoch

Back to top Go down

Post by antneecb Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 am

Red Epoch wrote:
antneecb
antneecb
Antneecb the Retard
Antneecb the Retard

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Tox Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:56 am

damn son wrote:
Red Epoch wrote:
Luna Tox
Luna Tox
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 am

if i have a sex change operation will i get admin

Last edited by mobile whore on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Kghyilda Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 am

none since i didn't end up posting it
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ACE MCWICKED Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 am

mobile whore wrote:if i have a sex change operation will i get admin
yes

you'll become a good member
ACE MCWICKED
ACE MCWICKED
reliable tech support
reliable tech support

Back to top Go down

Post by L_Clan Ruso Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am

mobile whore wrote:if i have a sex change operation will i get admin
what the fuck? you HAVENT had one? Everyone on TOTL has had atleast 3.
L_Clan Ruso
L_Clan Ruso
Red Epoch
Red Epoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum