The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chats with dogman: luna chat

Go down

chats with dogman: luna chat Empty chats with dogman: luna chat

Post by Queen Kghyilda Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

12:30 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: now that i think about it luna's episode probably could have been handed so much better
12:30 AM - Dogman328: no really
12:32 AM - Dogman328: if celestia had decided not to be an asshole, the entire plot would've been reduced
12:33 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: but since she did luna is now an insane and presumably schizophrenic and depressed god
12:33 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: but they never explore this ever
12:33 AM - Dogman328: yeah
12:34 AM - Dogman328: well they wouldn't want to depress the children who are supposed to be watching the show
12:34 AM - Dogman328: even though they do the obligatory "racism" episode
12:35 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: well they have no problems about scaring/scarring them
12:36 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: i don't see why depressing them is particularly worse
12:38 AM - Dogman328: because children have to be happy
12:38 AM - Dogman328: even though they won't be that happy for long anyway
12:39 AM - Dogman328: but they don't see the obvious plot holes, so it's fine in the producer's opinion
12:40 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: it's pretty sad there's still plotholes from s1 because of this
12:40 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: really glaring ones
12:41 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: maybe they shouldn't have done what they did in the pilot
12:42 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: but then i guess luna would essentially just be a one dimensional celestia recolor
12:42 AM - Dogman328: true
12:42 AM - Dogman328: they really should've given her a better plot
12:42 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: preferably one that's less depressing
12:46 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: because being taken over against your will, destroying everything you love, being returned to normal only to be apparently banished for no reason, taken over against your will again, then destroying everything again before returning to normal again and only getting "i missed you" and a hug as comfort is depressing as hell
12:47 AM - Dogman328: that's a really depressing plot for a kid's show
12:47 AM - Dogman328: honestly
12:47 AM - Dogman328: why did they think that was a good idea
12:47 AM - Kamarada RTCitia: and not to mention that everyone hates her or is afraid of her because of this, even thought it wasn't even really her fault
12:48 AM - Dogman328: it can be assumed that celestia made sure that everyone was convinced that it really was luna in control the whole time
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

chats with dogman: luna chat Empty Re: chats with dogman: luna chat

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:41 am

It makes me wonder why they only made one luna episode whereas if they make another one with a more cheerful plot, they could probably get good results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

Dead wrote:It makes me wonder why they only made one luna episode whereas if they make another one with a more cheerful plot, they could probably get good results.
because the writers hate her

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Kghyilda Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:45 am

Dead wrote:It makes me wonder why they only made one luna episode whereas if they make another one with a more cheerful plot, they could probably get good results.
luna can't have a cheerful plot because that'd ruin what makes her an actually interesting character
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Kghyilda Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 am

fuzzeedice wrote:
because the writers hate her
apparently they actually do because the pilot implies that it wasn't nightmare who got banished, but luna
Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum