are you upset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

are you upset

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:27 pm

HUGE FUCKING WALL OF TEXT:
"So what's the point?"

The main argument as to why Panty & Stocking is a masterpiece are all embellished ways of saying "funny," "it's a parody," and "cool art." Some people go as far as to say that Panty & Stocking is actually genius scripting - a juxtaposition between today's current moe anime standard and hardcore "American pop culture." I've even come across the explanation that Panty & Stocking is "a new level of anime," one that doesn't require intricate or meaningful plot, characters, or story - essentially an anime that thrives on emotion and it's acute sense of humor.

That my friends, is complete bullshit.
> it pretty much mocks western animation
> there actually some pretty funny jokes in there

this is bullshit how


Panty & Stocking is an anime that relies on swears, penis jokes, and violence as its selling point. Now many anime have capitalized on at least one of these points before and have succeeded (Detroit Metal City, Seitokai Yakuindono, and Baccano! in respective order). So Panty & Stocking tried to do all three simultaneously. I found this not only moronic, but offensive.
hi
hiroya oku called
he wants to speak to you about violence
Never before have I actually been ashamed of watching anime. I am a male,
so you hate this anime because it mocks your tiny penis right
and I have even strapped myself to a chair
so you strapped yourself to a chair just to watch cartoons
and you're not ashamed of this
and watched such titles as Boku no Pico, Bible Black, the Ghost Stories dub, and a high amount of other borderline disturbing anime and media with radical content and ideas and not ever have I felt what I felt when watching Panty & Stocking.
have you even seen gantz
it runs on sex
and people being being beaten and killed in every episode
except you probably don't want to comment about this because you're too busy fapping to it

I felt stupid.
as much as strapping yourself to a chair
What do I mean by that? I mean that Panty & Stocking insulted my intelligence and grouped me in the level of humor that one would find in such riveting pieces of American glory like "Family Guy" and "Superjail."
"i'm a boy and it lacked hot sexy cartoon girls with giant eyes in every episode so i hate it"
I personally watch anime because I view it as a medium that has great qualities that other media culture could learn from.
i watch it because everything else is bullshit
I openly started Panty & Stocking with hopes that it would verily mock the troupes one could find in American media in a way that had not been done before. What I received was a trashbin of repetitive storylines combined with zero-dimensional characters that did nothing but yell about phallus's and excrement.
sounds like mockery to me
The attempt on grasping American culture (even today's pop culture, which is what I believe Panty & Stocking wanted to poke fun at) disgusted me.
> you're american
> it disgusted you

seems like it worked
Not once did I find the use of references to famous American films appropriate.
it worked
Not only did the references have nothing to do with the episodes at hand,
it worked
I felt that Panty & Stocking tried to take such references and use them as a tool of manipulation trying to coax viewers into thinking that Panty & Stocking was legitimately a smart piece of composition.
they did it to piss everyone off
I can easily see where people would be misled, that is with the art looking similar to various cartoons in America, Panty & Stocking must be a parody!
isn't it

Not at all. In fact, Powerpuff Girls had a stronger plot to begin with, and to even group this anime together with that cartoon would be slander to Craig McCracken.
> episode begins
> oh no something bad happened
> save the day
> yay everyone's happy
this is your "plot"
The animation may be new to Japan, but it has been seen before in cartoons, and it's been seen better so all exclamations like "The art is weird so it's good!" and "Different art just isn't appreciated!" are false.
I APOLOGISE FOR LIKING AN ANIME WHERE ALL THE CHARACTERS AREN'T BLUE HAIRED SCHOOL BOYS WITH WEAPONS SO BIG YOU CAN DIE JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM
Gainax, one of the most acclaimed and profitable animation studios in Japan, truly abused the art style to boot.
> parody
Watching only a few episodes you can see where corners were cut (which is extremely noticeable in episodes 10, 11, and 12.) A recap in a thirteen episode anime, should never be necessary. How is it that anime such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, and Glass Mask, spanning over fifty episodes each never used a single recap episode in its main series, yet Gainax has the balls to put one in a thirteen episode /comedy/ series? Truly outrageous.
gainax had the balls to piss everyone off with the ending, say there was going to be a second season and then leave it for two years

The characters in Panty & Stocking might as well have been pieces of shit or drivels of snot. Oh I must have forgotten. They are pieces of shit and drivels of snot.
they're meant to be like that you dumb shit
Nearly every antagonist, save the demon sisters whom I will touch upon in a moment, makes the characters from Mars of Destruction look creative.
hi
it's a parody
They exist solely to be discarded, and even worse, to swallow precious moments of your time away.
then by that logic every form of media ever goes by that
The demon sisters who are introduced halfway through the series actually shined a beam of light down onto this hellhole of a production, but only briefly. They were first brought into play standing for everything that Panty and Stocking opposed and after their episode had ended, I hoped for more episodes similar to theirs to occur. But what do I get? A conflict that builds between the antagonists and protagonists for one episode, and then the demon sisters regress into Team Rocket.
EXCEPT
YOU KNOW
THEY WANTED TO STOP BECAUSE THEY DESTROYED A FUCKING SCHOOL
Never again are the demon sisters relevant as antagonists and most of the proceeding episodes are focused on them releasing some sort of monster and then failing as they fly into the sky.
isn't that the job of every antagonist ever
Now the supporting characters might as well be called the crippling characters, because that is really all they do to the overall story. Garterbelt does nothing but hinder the story and abuse the stereotypical "all priests are gay child molesters."
EXCEPT
MAYBE HE TELLS THE ANGELS WHAT THEIR JOB IS
If this was meant to be a way to confront the issue in the Vatican, it failed, and if it was meant to be a funny comment on the church's political standpoint, then well, it failed again.
if it upsets you this much then it must have worked
Garterbelt assumes the role of mentor to Panty & Stocking but ultimately ends up being a total eyesore and teaches the protagonists nil.
apart from the "don't do that" in every episode
And then there's Chuck who is likened by many to Gir from the Invader Zim series. The main difference between the two is that Gir was actually funny. I really don't think I have to go into much detail on Chuck's character design because all he says is Chuck and is then squashed by a larger object. He plays absolutely no role at any point in the series,
EXCEPT FOR THE FINAL EPISODE
WHERE IT TURNS OUT HE'S ACTUALLY A GIANT FUCKING HELLHOUND
but there exists an episode in which he is the focus. After watching this episode I was very much tempted to sign up for lessons in Japanese so I could write angry letters to the writer in his native language begging him to quit his career in animation and move onto a medium that won't suffer from his obvious mental deficiency.
so you would make an entire company laugh because one insignificant american cried over a parody of an american cartoon
Then is the character named Brief, who portrays the cliched disgusting otaku with no merits other than his apparently large penis. His atrocious character design is only overshadowed by Panty's single trait - how much of a gigantic unlovable disease infested whore she is.
you realise otaku is a derogatory term in japan right
Both her and Stocking are obvious fodder for prepubescent virgin teenagers attracted to the sheer idea of sex.
because
you know
they're celebrities
I would even go as far as saying that if this anime did not contain explicit transformation scenes in which characters remove their undergarments it would be nowhere near as acclaimed as it is.
EXCEPT FOR
YOU KNOW
THE SOUNDTRACK
That is to say, the fanbase consists of perverts striving to find some deeper meaning in their anime which they try to defend by explaining that if you don't like it, then you must have a poor sense of humor or need to "loosen up."
is it just me or does this sound familiar
Compare Panty & Stocking to Mitsudomoe - both anime including large amounts of sexual content used as jokes - Mitsudomoe has characters that possess qualities beyond "she likes sweets" and "a huge bitch" though. Panty & Stocking can't actually even compete with Mitsudomoe on a scale larger than sex jokes, because the characters and story are so disabled that it merely strives to fill the void with even more moments of mediocrity. I don't find Panty & Stocking unfunny because it doesn't suit my humor, I find it unfunny because there is no humor to begin with.
also notice how mitsudomoe is a serious anime

Then there's the canon discontinuation. Anyone who tries to makes sense of the abominable ending or any one of the episodes all together deserves to have themselves locked into a sanitarium. Another reviewer describes the two eleven minute episodes per episode as a "times two multiplier" but I would I disagree and say that it's actually a divided by two denominator. The split episodes merely reflect the inconsistency and the lack of coherency that Panty & Stocking exclusively has. One moment the entire cast is zombified, the next everyone is on the beach being sexually violated by sea monsters. Not ever will the story amount to anything beyond not having one.
seems like an american cartoon to me

The sound in Panty & Stocking, I will cede, is very good. The ending song, performed by Lisa, is wonderful and regrettably has very little to do with the anime.
except the song's called "fallen angel"
and the main characters were angels that were kicked out of heaven
In the ending sequence a scene that appears to be a vague backstory on both Panty & Stocking exists, and alas once more, Gainax turned their noses away from such a sweet smelling idea. Even cartoons for the youngest of children have stories explaining the origination of their characters.
because kids don't have the attention span to watch an entire series just to learn about their favourite characters
Dora the Explorer had more character development than Panty & Stocking.
dora the explorer was also a serious cartoon
Beyond the ending are numerous in episode tracks, whilist very enjoyable, I felt that many of them were overplayed and often unfitting (I can recall about four episodes ending with the song that includes the lyrics "Clap your hands.")
> the song's meant to be about celebration
> it plays when they save the day
The opening is closest thing to piece of satirical work - the song is a shout-out to all cartoons which only repeat the characters name over and over again.
ARRRR YA READY KIDS

Now if you've actually read this far, I believe you've come to the conclusion that I hate Panty & Stocking.
durr really
If you thought anything but that, then you're wrong,
are you addressing this to everyone who reads your reviews
because I detest Panty & Stocking more than a Red Sox fan from Boston hates the Yankees.
what
It is an insult to the medium of anime almost as much as is when someone says "You like anime? Then you must love anime porn," and I will end this review saying Panty & Stocking does nothing but encourage statements like that.
oh
nothing about how it's a succesful parody that makes people like you cry because it doesn't feature girls with planet sized tits and eyes in every episode.
It gives a foul name to anime, for it lacks the fineness that geniuses like Tezuka and Kon worked themselves to death to bring us.
there's worse out there
When it comes to Panty & Stocking, I am disturbed with anime being associated with it.
> anime is the term used for animation that comes from japan
> panty and stocking was made in japan
And for people who may find this review too serious and that I must not have "understood the point" of this show I would like to say that I did not miss the point. You just made up a point yourself, because this anime lacks one.
the point was to be a parody to upset americans
it worked
you're too butthurt to realise this
now go back to watching naruto


Last edited by Ratiosu on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by dogman is stupid on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm

someone is buttmad

_________________
Signature:

Oh look a theme:
avatar
dogman is stupid
Admin

Posts : 4731
Join date : 2012-06-14

View user profile http://totlounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:42 pm

[REDACTED] wrote:someone is buttmad
me or him

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by dogman is stupid on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Ratiosu wrote:
[REDACTED] wrote:someone is buttmad
me or him
him

_________________
Signature:

Oh look a theme:
avatar
dogman is stupid
Admin

Posts : 4731
Join date : 2012-06-14

View user profile http://totlounge.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:51 am

YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY THE

|^^^^^^^^^^^^](ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
|KAWAII TRUCK | ‘|”“”;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
…………”(@ )’(@ )”“”“*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

MOTHERFUCKER ONCE U BEEN HIT, U HAVE TO HIT 8 FUCKING KAWAII ASS PEOPLE. IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU’LL KNOW YOUR REALLY SO FUCKING KAWAII IT’S SO FUCKING SUGOI PEOPLE WILL PISS THEIR PANTS AND SHIT BRICKS AND YOU WILL BE THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD OF THE MOTHERFUCKING KAWAII! IF YOU BRAKE DIS MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN, YOULL BEE CURSED WITH UN-KAWAIINESS AND SHITINESS FOR 9000 YEARS SO PAS EET; HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS LE KAWAII

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by ACE MCWICKED on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am

the best part is that this is all correct

panty and stocking fucking blows the only reason i watched it to the end was because i didnt have anything else on my hard drive while taking a bus ride to vancouver

_________________
it's broken again!
avatar
ACE MCWICKED
reliable tech support
reliable tech support

Posts : 1933
Join date : 2012-08-31
Location : the holocaust never happened

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by L_Clan Ruso on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY THE

|^^^^^^^^^^^^](ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
|KAWAII TRUCK | ‘|”“”;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
…………”(@ )’(@ )”“”“*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

MOTHERFUCKER ONCE U BEEN HIT, U HAVE TO HIT 8 FUCKING KAWAII ASS PEOPLE. IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU’LL KNOW YOUR REALLY SO FUCKING KAWAII IT’S SO FUCKING SUGOI PEOPLE WILL PISS THEIR PANTS AND SHIT BRICKS AND YOU WILL BE THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD OF THE MOTHERFUCKING KAWAII! IF YOU BRAKE DIS MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN, YOULL BEE CURSED WITH UN-KAWAIINESS AND SHITINESS FOR 9000 YEARS SO PAS EET; HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS LE KAWAII

_________________



avatar
L_Clan Ruso
Red Epoch
Red Epoch

Posts : 2618
Join date : 2012-06-18
Age : 20
Location : a/s/l?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by Magician on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Teron Gorefiend wrote:YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY THE

|^^^^^^^^^^^^](ノ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ*:・゚✧
|KAWAII TRUCK | ‘|”“”;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
…………”(@ )’(@ )”“”“*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

MOTHERFUCKER ONCE U BEEN HIT, U HAVE TO HIT 8 FUCKING KAWAII ASS PEOPLE. IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU’LL KNOW YOUR REALLY SO FUCKING KAWAII IT’S SO FUCKING SUGOI PEOPLE WILL PISS THEIR PANTS AND SHIT BRICKS AND YOU WILL BE THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD OF THE MOTHERFUCKING KAWAII! IF YOU BRAKE DIS MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN, YOULL BEE CURSED WITH UN-KAWAIINESS AND SHITINESS FOR 9000 YEARS SO PAS EET; HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS LE KAWAII

FTFY

_________________
Fortune comes to those who sleep and wait.
avatar
Magician
Forum Elder
Forum Elder

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : Poblacht na hÉireann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by ACE MCWICKED on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Magician wrote:
Teron Gorefiend wrote:YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY THE

|^^^^^^^^^^^^](ノ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ*:・゚✧
|KAWAII TRUCK | ‘|”“”;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
…………”(@ )’(@ )”“”“*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

MOTHERFUCKER ONCE U BEEN HIT, U HAVE TO HIT 8 FUCKING KAWAII ASS PEOPLE. IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU’LL KNOW YOUR REALLY SO FUCKING KAWAII IT’S SO FUCKING SUGOI PEOPLE WILL PISS THEIR PANTS AND SHIT BRICKS AND YOU WILL BE THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD OF THE MOTHERFUCKING KAWAII! IF YOU BRAKE DIS MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN, YOULL BEE CURSED WITH UN-KAWAIINESS AND SHITINESS FOR 9000 YEARS SO PAS EET; HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS LE KAWAII

FTFY
stop

_________________
it's broken again!
avatar
ACE MCWICKED
reliable tech support
reliable tech support

Posts : 1933
Join date : 2012-08-31
Location : the holocaust never happened

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by antneecb on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 pm

tactless shitposter wrote:
Magician wrote:
Teron Gorefiend wrote:YOU’VE BEEN HIT BY THE

|^^^^^^^^^^^^](ノ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ*:・゚✧
|KAWAII TRUCK | ‘|”“”;.., ___.
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |
…………”(@ )’(@ )”“”“*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

MOTHERFUCKER ONCE U BEEN HIT, U HAVE TO HIT 8 FUCKING KAWAII ASS PEOPLE. IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU’LL KNOW YOUR REALLY SO FUCKING KAWAII IT’S SO FUCKING SUGOI PEOPLE WILL PISS THEIR PANTS AND SHIT BRICKS AND YOU WILL BE THE MOTHERFUCKING LORD OF THE MOTHERFUCKING KAWAII! IF YOU BRAKE DIS MOTHERFUCKING CHAIN, YOULL BEE CURSED WITH UN-KAWAIINESS AND SHITINESS FOR 9000 YEARS SO PAS EET; HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS LE KAWAII

FTFY
stop
avatar
antneecb
Antneecb the Retard
Antneecb the Retard

Posts : 1679
Join date : 2012-06-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: are you upset

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum