The Off Topic Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i love social justice bloggers

3 posters

Go down

i love social justice bloggers Empty i love social justice bloggers

Post by Queen Kghyilda Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 pm

psychosomatica:

ostolero:

i love social justice bloggers Tumblr_lz1scnYlCQ1qchqb8o1_500
the other one didnt have jpeg artifacts you fat nasty trash

No. Just, no. This really pisses me off, and let me tell you about it.

THIS IS SHIT. This is the biggest pile of bull shit I’ve seen all week. I don’t care if this is supposed to be “funny”, to be “a joke”, because it’s not fucking funny. No one should be posting this, no one should be reblogging this, no one should think this is alright. Thinking, “oh, how funny, why don’t I reblog this? It’s cute, it’s a joke, haha a good laugh at myself, other people can laugh too,” but jokes are only funny when there’s truth in them. To use this towards yourself in jest is to in some small way whisper in the darkest corner of your heart, “It’s true”. And it’s not.

There’s a power in words. To say them to someone, to have them said to you, is only the beginning. It does not even matter if they are serious or lighthearted, because once you take those words in to your heart and begin repeating them to yourself, that is when they begin to have power over you. What starts as something carelessly said without consequence does not remain without consequence. I used to joke casually about my weight, my thighs, my body. My friends picked it up from me and began making the jokes, too, and it stuck all throughout high school. And once you say something enough times, you begin to believe it. It becomes true. If there was one thing I could take back, it would be the first time the words left my lips, because they haven’t left me since. Not a single. Fucking. Day.

No one should be saying these words, to themselves or others, because they are not worthy of you and they are not true. No one, not a single person on here, is trash. None of you deserve to be called nasty. And if you’re fat? Who says that that’s a bad thing? Why is being fat being made synonymous with being trash, with nastiness? What kind of message is this supposed to be sending? To your friends, the people you care about, what are you telling them by posting this?

You are all of you gorgeous, creative, intelligent, compassionate, wonderful human beings, and I don’t EVER want to see this on my dash again.

Queen Kghyilda
Queen Kghyilda
Stallionphile Guy
Stallionphile Guy

Back to top Go down

i love social justice bloggers Empty Re: i love social justice bloggers

Post by ACE MCWICKED Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 pm

stopped caring once i saw the tilted quote marks
ACE MCWICKED
ACE MCWICKED
reliable tech support
reliable tech support